Monday, February 25, 2013

Thai Banana Crepe

I love Thai street food.  But I seldom visit the dessert carts. On my most recent trip to Bangkok  however I could not help myself.  And for a bit of Thailand at home, I share the receipt with you....
The street vendor from whom I ordered this used a pre formed crepe dough which she the spun out almost like a pizza.  For the purposes of this receipt however I'm using standard crepe batter, but poured a tad thicker.  I've used Tyler Florence's basic crepe batter for years and love it:
Make crepe dough. Let rest for an hour.  Pour dough into a crepe pan or flat bottom skillet.  Meanwhile chop one medium sized banana.  Beat with one egg.  Pour the mixture onto the crepe.  Begin to fold the crepe over on itself into a square.  Flip the crepe to sauté on all sides.   Add butter if needed.  Slice crepe into bite sized pieces.  Drizzle with condensed milk and a dash of turbino sugar.  To be truly authentic serve on paper and eat with a tooth pick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment